List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Some random notes about KOrg Docs
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2005-06-29 14:14:42

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 09:08:40AM -0400, Allen Winter wrote:

> I object, mildy.  On the following grounds:
>
>  1. people refer to their "to-do lists" and not their "task lists" (at
>  least in the USA)

IIRC, way back when we last discussed this, Reinhold did a survey of
Korg-like apps (Mac, Windows, ?) and task was the more common term.

>  2. karm is a "task tracker".  I don't think of to-dos as work you
>  need to keep track of time for if korg starts talking about tasks,
>  will users expect tighter integration between karm and korg (maybe
>  they should expect that?)

Curious--how would you improve the integration?

As it is, both apps can edit the same ics file at the same time, and
locking and refresh-on-change works (with a few caveats [1]).

It is still buggy, but the basics are all in place.

>  3. why go through all the work to change?  will we need to change all
>  the code comments and classes too?

That would be a professional approach, I suppose ...

[1]

- Refresh-on-change doesn't work for some (all?) remote resources.

- Locking doesn't work for some (all?) remote resources.

- IIRC, if you use Korg File->Open you don't get the resource framework
  stuff.