On Wednesday 29 June 2005 05:53 am, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote: > On Wednesday 29 June 2005 07:49, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote: > > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:16, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote: > > > BTW, they also like "task" > > > better than "to-do", but we simply never took to time to rename. > > > > Yeah, I checked the list archives. People even voted, but nobody changed > > it. > > > > OK, I did :) > > Great! If noone else has any objections to renaming to-dos to tasks (and > sub-to-dos to subtasks), I'm fine with it. I object, mildy. On the following grounds: 1. people refer to their "to-do lists" and not their "task lists" (at least in the USA) 2. karm is a "task tracker". I don't think of to-dos as work you need to keep track of time for if korg starts talking about tasks, will users expect tighter integration between karm and korg (maybe they should expect that?) 3. why go through all the work to change? will we need to change all the code comments and classes too? > I'm also cc'ing kde-i18n-doc, since I want to know if its also okay for the > translators to make this change (which requires quite some work on the new > strings. Or is the i18n system smart enough so these strings don't have to be > re-translated, because only the english word but not the meaning changed?). > > Cheers, > Reinhold > -- Let's Keep the Political Talk Out of KDE PLEASE