List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Translators instructions
From:       Juraj Bednar <bednar () rak ! isternet ! sk>
Date:       1998-12-11 14:05:23

Hello everybody sending me translations to commit,

  please :

  1.) when sending patches, patch the latest snapshot (or at least
      some NEW snapshot). The patches don't apply cleanly from 1.0 or so.
  2.) ALWAYS try to compile your translations with msgfmt and LATEST
      gettext (can be downloaded from alpha.gnu.org). I can't commit half
      of translations because stupid bugs like ,,msgstr and msgid don't both
      end with \n'', etc.
  3.) When sending .po files, write to mail which are new (example:
      ,,kdebase/kikbd.po'' is new).
  4.) Always attach .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 file with directories named after
      packages (i.e. kdebase, kdelibs, ...), which were updated. Such tar
      file may contain files like this :

trans-sk-1112.tar.gz :
kdebase/kikbd.po
kdebase/kfm.po
kdelibs/sk.po
kdeutils/kedit.po

  5.) Don't add language or otherwise modify the name of the file (i.e.
      don't create files like kikbd-sk.po, ...).

              Thanks for your time translating,
                   Juraj.