List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Where should translated documents go
From:       Peter Silva <peter.silva () videotron ! ca>
Date:       1998-12-11 5:41:22

OK,

To avoid any immediate change, while preserving my sanity,
here's what I propose to do:

  - Everything stays where it is.

  - I will insist on the $Revision: $ tag being in the .sgml file
somewhere
    in the development source.  (If they don't have it, I'll add it
myself.)

  - Changes to the English version will be checked into the original
.sgml
    file.  so proofreaders and developers can work concurrently.

  - That file will be copied to the documentation tree.  NO changes will
be
    made to this file (except to copy new versions from the original.)
    Notify translators etc... as currently.

  - I will use a script to extract the Revision tag, and use that as
    the basis for for a diff command to see how much has changed, since
    the last copy.  Filter that out into a a summary report of all the
    differences in all the documents.

    When I see, oh, over a hundred lines difference in a single doc,
    I'll take a look at the changes, and see if it's worth re-proofing,
    re-copying and re-announcing.  Of course, If a developer says
    "this tiny change is crucial", we'll do it anyways.  I can also
    ask a developer at that point if more changes are coming or
    if it's likely to stabilize, etc...

    Once the script is stable enough, I'll ask my friendly cvs/web
master
    to run it as a cron and mail me (or perhaps a select group) the
outputs.
    Once or twice weekly is probably enough.

Does that sound OK to everyone?

--
Peter