List:       kde-devel
Subject:    K start menu icon ideas
From:       Sheldon Lee Wen <tormak () home ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 22:54:30

Hi,

   A few people have told be to post thie to KDE artists, or KDE look or even
KDE devel so I'm posting it to all of them. There has recently been some
discussion on improving the usability of KDE as a result of the gnome
usability study that sun did. One of the things that was raised was that the
K menu button was just as ambiguous as the gnome foot, something which was
cited as a problem for usability. A few suggestions have been made as to
improve this aspect of KDE> One very good suggestion put forward was to make
the icon wider, thus improving it's visibility on kicker. In that vein I've
bashed a few pixels together and done some concept shots of what one might
look like. Now, I'm no artist so these aren't real icons or anything, but
they give you the idea. I'd also welcome other ideas as well. OK, you KDE
veterans, don't freak out when you see the "start" ones. You can see them on
a corner of my website I threw up for KDE, here:

http://lycadican.sourceforge.net/kde/
"... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
 violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
 - Buddha

For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
http://lycadican.sourceforge.net