List:       kde-devel
Subject:    New project in CVS: kpovmodeler
From:       Andreas Zehender <az () azweb ! de>
Date:       2001-05-28 9:21:51

Hi!

I just imported a new project into the CVS: kpovmodeler

KPovModeler is a modeler for povray scenes for KDE.

This program isn't fully functional but useable yet. Only the framework is
finished.

Current features:
- Hierarchical object tree
- Scene rendering with OpenGL
- Object modification with control points in a graphical view or direct
  manipulation of object attributes in a dialog
- Prototypes (declares) and references
- Copy/paste and drag/drop of povray(!) code into and out of the object tree
- Undo and redo
- Save, load and revert
- And everything special I forgot

Currenty, there are 27.000 lines of code (inclusive comments), several
classes (all documented with kdoc). It is a clear framework so that new
povray objects can easily be added.
The program makes use of the KParts framework.

See http://www.azweb.de/kpovmodeler for screenshots.

Now that the framework is finished and the sources are imported into the KDE
CVS tree, I am looking for developers to join the project.

Send me a email if you are interested.

Give the program a try and let me know what you think of it.

NOTE: The program reqires the QT OpenGL module.

Greetings, Andreas