List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Developer's Checklist
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2001-03-23 20:32:07

On Thursday 22 March 2001 23:34, Jeff Tranter wrote:
> although it might make sense to put it in the KDE Developer's FAQ instead.
> I'm looking for feedback on whether this is useful and if there are any
> more items that should be added or corrections to be made.
Well, corrections .. additions maybe. A lot of these items are listed in a
really short format and desperately need links to relevant pages. For example
"Provide .spec file". My immediate response is: Um, yeah, right. I'm trying
to program for KDE, not dick around with some distro's file format. (And I
think that as a RH user who has actually written a .spec for his app). And I
was vaguely aware that the LSM existed, but have never given it any serious
thought. At which point - again - my reaction is "I don't want to have to
sort this out for myself."

I know it's easy to ask a question on IRC or on this mailing list, but I
think that this page you've written should anticipate some of those questions
and answer them pre-emptively. So basically this needs links to a lot of
places and some simple instructions on how to do the rest, ie. "the debian
directory should contain files x y and z", etc. etc. "ChangeLog format is ..."

--
[ade] at home: adridg@sci.kun.nl
Probably hacking at KPilot for KDE2.