List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProcess help needed
From:       John Birch <jbb () kdevelop ! org>
Date:       2001-03-23 20:06:57

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 05:39, Joe Theriault wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2001 03:00 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 March 2001 21:59, Joe Theriault wrote:
> > > I've been banging my head against a wall for days with a simple
> > > kprocess problem  I've been trying to get output to stderr sent the
> > > parent process.
> > >
> > > These are selections of what I would figure would be all the relevant
> > > code, I figure I missed something silly or there is a common pitfall
> > > I'm not aware of.
> > >
> > > KProcess client;
> > >
> > > connect(&client, SIGNAL(receivedStdout(KProcess *, char *, int)), this,
> > > SLOT(transferCompleted(KProcess *, char *, int)));
> >
> > Try connecting receivedStderr instead of receivedStdout.
>
> The code I sent along that time was after a desperate try to see if I
> actually wanted stdout instead of stderr.  In other words I've tried using
> recievedStderr.

These two points might not help but....

You are creating KProcess on the stack. Do you exit the scope of this method?
That will destroy the KProcess class which _might_ cause problems, especially
if you use the KProcess * in the slot... This probably isn't your problem
though.

On some systems if you are running your program under gdb KProcess will fail
to start the child process. Hence no output...

jbb