On Thursday 22 March 2001 23:34, Jeff Tranter wrote: > although it might make sense to put it in the KDE Developer's FAQ instead. > I'm looking for feedback on whether this is useful and if there are any > more items that should be added or corrections to be made. Well, corrections .. additions maybe. A lot of these items are listed in a really short format and desperately need links to relevant pages. For example "Provide .spec file". My immediate response is: Um, yeah, right. I'm trying to program for KDE, not dick around with some distro's file format. (And I think that as a RH user who has actually written a .spec for his app). And I was vaguely aware that the LSM existed, but have never given it any serious thought. At which point - again - my reaction is "I don't want to have to sort this out for myself." I know it's easy to ask a question on IRC or on this mailing list, but I think that this page you've written should anticipate some of those questions and answer them pre-emptively. So basically this needs links to a lot of places and some simple instructions on how to do the rest, ie. "the debian directory should contain files x y and z", etc. etc. "ChangeLog format is ..." -- [ade] at home: adridg@sci.kun.nl Probably hacking at KPilot for KDE2. >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<