List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gnome dvd player
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () il ! linuxqa ! com>
Date:       2001-03-04 11:29:25

Hi George, others...

Actually, wading through the livid mailing lists (where most components has been
created there - e.g. mpeg2dec, ac3dec, libcss etc) - you can see there that all
of those parts works quite well on Solaris, *BSD and Linux, as well as
PowerPC...

So portability is not a problem (other then SGI, but I know that there are some
engineers from SGI in this list who can probably assist in porting to SGI)...

What could be a bit of a problem is the Xv exntension in XFree. Linux have it,
and I think *BSD also, but I don't know about PowerPC and others..

You can go with libSDL, but that will cost performance (try to compare
performance with SDL on VideoLan and Xv on Xine and see what I mean)..

--
Hetz Ben Hamo
Hardware Research dept.