List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog -- Embedding
From:       Emily Ezust <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-04-25 21:57:36

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Charles wrote:
> > [...] Why can one not embed a KFileDialog in another dialog?  We
> > should have a KFileWidget that is basically a KFileDialog without the
> > dialog. Then we extend that in into a dialog box (KFileDialog).  It
> > would be source compatible, and VERY convenient.
> Well, look in kfstest.cpp - it uses embeding. There is KDirOperator
> which does 99% of what you say. I don't think you really want to
> embed the file dialog with it's toolbar and it's OK button in another
> dialog. You might want to embed the view and it's operator though.

I think what Charles is saying is that there should be a class that has
100% of what he's saying. :-) It should have everything in KFileDialog
except the buttons and toolbar. KDirOperator is not really that great
on its own - it's missing a directory combobox and the location and
filter line-edits.

-Emily

--
Emily Ezust, emilye@corel.com