List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog -- Embedding
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-04-24 12:37:18

Charles wrote:

> Nagging a bit more.  Why can one not embed a KFileDialog in another dialog?  We
> should have a KFileWidget that is basically a KFileDialog without the dialog.
> Then we extend that in into a dialog box (KFileDialog).  It would be source
> compatible, and VERY convenient.

Well, look in kfstest.cpp - it uses embeding. There is KDirOperator
which does
99% of what you say. I don't think you really want to embed the file
dialog
with it's toolbar and it's OK button in another dialog. You might want
embed the view and it's operator though.

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.