List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-04-01 15:40:34

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Brian Pirie wrote:

> Roberto,
>
> > Application: I want to print
> > KPrinterDialog: Here's a QPrinter object, use it (hands over KPrinter
> >      object that knows how to manipulate the ps file according to the
> >      system-wide settings)
> > Application: Thanks (does a lot of painting).
> > KPrinter: Ok, I'll modify the generated PS this way, and pass it to lpr
>
> The only question I have about the scheme you're proposing is why not have the
> KPrinter object provided by KPrinterDialog contain job-specific settings, rather than
> using system-wide settings? (Or is this what you intended?)

The printing dialog should show with the system default settings, then
provide a QPrinter based on that+ the user's modifications.

Right now, I have to set the paper size each time.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul