List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: long hair developers :) ... and printdialog
From:       Brian Pirie <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-03-31 17:09:07

Roberto,

> Application: I want to print
> KPrinterDialog: Here's a QPrinter object, use it (hands over KPrinter
>      object that knows how to manipulate the ps file according to the
>      system-wide settings)
> Application: Thanks (does a lot of painting).
> KPrinter: Ok, I'll modify the generated PS this way, and pass it to lpr

The only question I have about the scheme you're proposing is why not have the
KPrinter object provided by KPrinterDialog contain job-specific settings, rather than
using system-wide settings? (Or is this what you intended?)

Brian

--
Brian Pirie
Project Leader - Printing Technologies

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail