List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I'd like it, but...
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-03-01 18:01:03

Robert Crawford wrote:
>         What about media-specific folders? A directory type that
> rejects anything that's not the right MIME type...

I'd think that for all intensive purposes, a filter that you could place
on an existing folder would do the trick (as well as being more
useful).  You've got your folder, you click on a drop-box of MIME-types
and select "video/*".  Voila!  All you've got shown in the directory
listing are files that match that MIME-type.  Sound like about what
you're thinking of?

IMHO, I like this idea better (filters based on extension or MIME-type)
as I can think of a bazillion other places where I'd find this to be
useful for wading through tons of files (e.g. source trees). :)

--
Graham TerMarsch

// new, adj.:   Different color from previous model.