List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: how to develop apps for KDE2
From:       Christoph =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6nfeld?=
Date:       2000-03-01 18:17:31

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> I read all answers to this mail and I´m quite astonished that nobody
> told you you can *still* use KDevelop to
> create/compile/test/debug/whatever for KDE 2 applications *also* !!!! I
> added even a new framework for MDI using QWorkspace for KDE and one for
> Qt doing the same, Falk brought up a Qt 2 MDI framework based on his
> library. You don´t have to use any other tool, just install kdelibs and
> qt-copy like described in the tutorial. BTW: KDevelop 1.1 contains also
> an MDI application who´s sourcecode is also in the handbook as well as
> the complete package delivered with KDevelop and accessible from within
> the docu by a link.
>
> ---repeat---repeat---
> NO OTHER TOOL REQUIRED* ONLY KDE/QT 2 LIBS and KDevelop 1.1 installed on
> a running KDE 1.x installation.
Sounds great. I have
- system-wide KDE 1.1.2 with KDevelop 1.1 (20000215)
- KDE2 installed in a user directory

When I start KDevelop from KDE2 it comes up with all the icons trashed
and it doesn't find scripts for generating new projects and the latter.
Seems this is not the way to go!?

I also tried it with KDE 1:
- in KDevelop I created a new "KDE 2 Mini" project
- removed the generated .h and .cpp files
- added the files I made with kapptemplate (from yesterday's cvsup)
- ran autoconf/automake
- ran configure using --with-qt-dir pointing to the qt-copy in my test
user's home directory. But  it found the libraries and Includes for KDE
1. How can I avoid this? I don't have to edit the paths in the Makefile
every time, do I?

Thanks,
Christoph