List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I'd like it, but...
From:       Robert Crawford <crawford () kloognome ! com>
Date:       2000-03-01 17:22:45

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 01:55:51PM -0300, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Robert Crawford wrote:
> > 	That would give cues as to content, but not as to volume
> > (number of documents in the pile). It also wouldn't let you "thumb"
> 	oh, yes, missed that. thumb? fuck, I don't have my english dict
> here, thanks to babelfish... thumb? what exactly you mean with thumb the
> pile?

	Sorry -- I let an Americanism slip through there.

	You aren't able to quickly browse through the contents of
a standard directory like you would be able to with a pile. Ideally,
the content list would take up a minimum of screen space, not open
an entirely new window.

	Since implementing those two (displaying a rough count
and selecting a document via pop-up) are probably covered in Apples
patent, we can't do those, but we may have come up with an interesting
idea, anyway:

	What about media-specific folders? A directory type that rejects
anything that's not the right MIME type...

--
						crawford@iac.net

"The bullets are just his way of saying 'Keep it down, I've got a
hangover.'"