List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Embedding problem
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-08-17 14:32:14

Hi,

I have a problem with embedding views, they don't work for me.

I suppose it's a problem with my system as it seems it works for
everyone else but me. When I run konqueror, I get the whole window
right (except the toolbar icons, but that's another story), and then
instead of the widget with the icons(files), I get the cursor in the
middle of the window (!) . I've put a screenshot here :
http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa/bug.png (5Kb.)

The output from running konqueror is in
http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa/bug.txt (5Kb.)

The final lines are:
parts (corba): CREATING STATUSBAR 1
parts (corba): OPStatusBarManager::create -> enabling StatusBar
konqueror (kdebase): bool KonqMainView::mappingChildGotFocus(
OpenParts::Part_pt
r child )
konqueror (kdebase): KonqMainView::setActiveView( 2 )
konqueror (kdebase): KonqMainWindow : done
parts (corba): OPMainWindow::showEvent()
libkonq (kdebase): BUFFER TIMEOUT
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/Makefile.in'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/core'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/qmag.cpp.diff'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/test.krl'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/diff.kimgio'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/fr'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/qmag.cpp.orig'
kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/kpresenter'
konqueror (kdebase): KonqKfmIconView::slotUpdate()
konqueror (kdebase): void KonqMainView::slotURLCompleted( OpenParts::Id id
)

Btw, I have the same problem when running kword or khelpcenter for
example (although curiously, there's no cursor in khelpcenter, just
nothing)

I've tried recompiling mico (with --disable-coss --disable-mini-stl),
support,libs and base but there's no difference (and removing first the
whole /opt/kde2 dir structure as well as the ~/.kde structure)

I suppose I'm going to try to recompile also the latest Qt, but I
don't know what may it have to do with it.

Any ideas?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez