Hi, I have a problem with embedding views, they don't work for me. I suppose it's a problem with my system as it seems it works for everyone else but me. When I run konqueror, I get the whole window right (except the toolbar icons, but that's another story), and then instead of the widget with the icons(files), I get the cursor in the middle of the window (!) . I've put a screenshot here : http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa/bug.png (5Kb.) The output from running konqueror is in http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa/bug.txt (5Kb.) The final lines are: parts (corba): CREATING STATUSBAR 1 parts (corba): OPStatusBarManager::create -> enabling StatusBar konqueror (kdebase): bool KonqMainView::mappingChildGotFocus( OpenParts::Part_pt r child ) konqueror (kdebase): KonqMainView::setActiveView( 2 ) konqueror (kdebase): KonqMainWindow : done parts (corba): OPMainWindow::showEvent() libkonq (kdebase): BUFFER TIMEOUT kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/Makefile.in' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/core' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/qmag.cpp.diff' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/test.krl' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/diff.kimgio' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/fr' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/qmag.cpp.orig' kiolib (KMimeType): Mime Type finding for '/home/antlarr/kpresenter' konqueror (kdebase): KonqKfmIconView::slotUpdate() konqueror (kdebase): void KonqMainView::slotURLCompleted( OpenParts::Id id ) Btw, I have the same problem when running kword or khelpcenter for example (although curiously, there's no cursor in khelpcenter, just nothing) I've tried recompiling mico (with --disable-coss --disable-mini-stl), support,libs and base but there's no difference (and removing first the whole /opt/kde2 dir structure as well as the ~/.kde structure) I suppose I'm going to try to recompile also the latest Qt, but I don't know what may it have to do with it. Any ideas? Greetings, -- Antonio Larrosa Jimenez antlarr@arrakis.es larrosa@kde.org http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa Klein bottles for rent -- inquire within.