List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KVoice
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-03 10:59:09

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999, Dan Pilone wrote:
>Previously written in blue crayon:
> > What needs to be done is to put together all fixes, and make a last stable
> > release for KDE-1.x, and then switch and develop it for 2.0. If somebody or
> > group of people want to take over the task, I would be more than happy.
>
>	Unfortunetally I don't know how easy it would be to get my
>stuff back to KDE 1.1.  Actually I need to give it a good
>spit-n-polish for it to be acceptable for KDE 2.0.  I'll see if I can
>clean up what I have, I'll put it in kdenonbeta (assuming no one
>complains? or should it be kdemultimedia?) and we can go from
>there. -- Dan

No need to move back to 1.1. I just thought of bringing out a version with the
bugfixes I have for 1.1 (the last release I made was quite some time ago)...
At the same time, we can use your stuff for KDE-2.0 and add the other things I
have. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment, to take care about it.

I've cc'ed this mail to Bill Slemer, he was recently doing quite some work on
kvoice, maybe you could somehow work together to get out a release for KDE-1.1,
and then start moving to 2.0. I also still have a few patches lying around in my
mail folder, which need to be checked.

I'm not sure how good the idea of putting it into CVS is, although I personally
would like it, as it'll make development easier. kvoice has the
disadvantage, that it depends on another package (mgetty, and with Bill's
patches also on threads...), so I'm afraid it'll not be portable to all unixes.

Cheers,
Lars