List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Widget theme updates
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-07-03 15:38:03

BTW: This is the last mail I will send about theme devel information to
kde-devel@kde.org. All future info will be going to kde-core-devel. If you want
updates on this and other 2.0 core devel things make sure to subscribe to the
new list. It is also archived at lists.kde.org.

I haven't commited anything to the KDE CVS while kdelibs has been changing,
but since everything seems to be hashed out now I figured I would go ahead and
commit some new theme stuff. The main changes so far are:

1) It works with Qt2.0 final and the latest KDE CVS.

2) Theme information is no longer stored in kdeglobals but instead in kstylerc.
You will need to reapply your themes. You may also want to truncate kdeglobals
to get rid of the old keys if you were previously using widget themes, there are
quite a lot of them. Of course, if you do this you will need to reapply your
color scheme and anything else that was in there... Have fun trying to delete
them manually ;-)

3) I did quite a lot of bugfixing. Regretably kcmdisplay dynamic widget theme
changing still doesn't work. It won't segfault anymore, but it won't do
anything either. I haven't really looked at this yet, use settheme for now
instead. Remember your themes are installed in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kstyle/themes.

4) No new widgets in this commit, but some existing widgets have been improved
(most notably the buttons and comboboxes).

I am using the goldgradient theme as my test theme, so you can check that out
to see the latest and greatest stuff. For the people who just want a peek I did
a new (rather large) screenshot of my development desktop at:

http://www.jorsm.com/~mosfet/desktop.gif

Anyways, as always have fun.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com