List:       kde-devel
Subject:    The KDE-Screensaver -- animated-GIF-like file-format?
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-02 10:37:38

Hi,

The kde-artist - team (especially to be mentioned:
Carlos Rego) is currently working on the most
beautiful screensaver I've ever seen.(*grin*)
Hmm, I must correct myself: We are working on
the *art* for this amazing screensaver (which should
be included in KDE2.0 and should be enabled by
default (I'm sure you will agree if you see it when
it's finished ...))

BUT: we still need a programmer for this little
project!

The screensaver must display randomly several
moving animated objects consisting of bitmaps.
So we need an idea for an existing alternative
file-format to animated GIF or something like
this ...(anything out there?).
Otherwise the programmer of this screensaver
would have to create a new (compressed)
fileformat himself.

Please tell me if you would like to join our
screensaver-project or tell me your ideas ...
(especially the help of people who are not
currently involved in other projects would be
very much appreciated!)

CU,
Torsten,   kde-artist-team