List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RfD: KDE Special Interest Groups
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-06-02 10:46:48

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:
> What do you think? Would forming SIG's make life easier for
> us, or would it just add more overhead? Please follow up with
> any suggestions you have.

I'm afraid these SIGs will not be maintained very well.

My wife is subscribed to mailinglists where they have various
topics. You can then subscribe to one, more or all topics.
The topic is prepended to the subject of each message.

Perhaps ppl with little time can then throw away some topics

The problem is to find suitable topics. Are there broad
categories to distinguish looking at the archive?

It would also mean a slight change of mailing-list software
I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Waldo
--