List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: about our attitude towards M$ windows
From:       Aaron Levinson <alevinsn () inetarena ! com>
Date:       1999-05-28 16:52:31

On Fri, 28 May 1999, aleXXX wrote:

> To summarize his statements, he said he is not connected to a LAN with
> windows-hosts, all networks he knows are UNIX-ones, and he doesn't
> like the name kNetmon, so why move it from kdenonbeta to kdenetwork ?

I've been looking for a tool like this, and I was told that one existed,
but I could never find it in kdenetwork.  I do agree that the name is a
bit misleading, however.  It makes me think that kNetmon is a network
monitor--Microsoft ships a similar application with WinNT, and it
certainly is not the network neighborhood.  Why not change the name to
something that isn't misleading?  BTW, it would be great to have a
"Network Neighborhood" icon on the KDE desktop.  The KDE Wizard thing
could add it just like it adds Floppy (which does not necessarily work)
and CD-ROM.

Aaron Levinson