List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Always on top, Session management, and MacOS mode stuff
From:       Preston Brown <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-03-12 18:06:32

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Paul Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Yannai A. Gonczarowski wrote:
>
> > (3) In MacOS mode (titlebar on top) -
>
> Also I'd kill for a Mac-style layer manager - basicly on the Mac
> windows from the same app travel together - bring one of the forward
> in the window stack and all the rest come forward with it as a layer -
> retaining their stacked order in the process - this makes toolbars
> work so much more easily and saves you from losing things under other
> windows on busy desktops.

There is an X atom (window hint) which indicates what windows are grouped
together.  Enlightenment (yeah, I know) has implemented a VERY neato
feature so that when you move the TOP LEVEL window and it has any child
dialogs open or something of that nature, they move relative to the top
level window.  Nice.  If you just drag the child window, only it moves.

How hard would this be in kwm?

---
 -Preston Brown
  Red Hat Software, Inc.