List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: program loading
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-02-24 17:03:51

Pietro Iglio wrote:
> >During the discussion 3 better ideas has arisen,
> >as far as I remember. Each of them takes more efforts to implement, but
> >it's worth doing, IMHO:
> >- animated icon in the task bar
> >- transient window for the currently launching app
> >- one window, that shows animated icons for all KDE apps
> >- a blinking light in the panel
>
> What about a different animated cursor than hourglass? For example, an
> arrow with a little hourglass in the right-bottom corner to mean: I'm doing
> something but you can still use the mouse.
>
> -- Pietro

I don't see what the advantage is of changing the cursor. The cursor is
something you use to click and select items with. An hourglass (or a
watch)
makes sense if you want to indicate that you can't do that now. It makes
a lot less sense to use it as some kind of general status indication.

Cheers,
Waldo
http://www.kde.org