List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Program loading
From:       Torsten Rahn <stu30241 () srv2 ! mail ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-02-24 20:44:34

Oh no, not once again this thread! :-)

Mmm, so again <my> favourite proposal:

1.) Not only kfm -- sorry: the konqueror -- should have the rotating
gear but all applications: If kfind e.g. is searching you should see
this wheel going round and round. I think this is the best way to
tell the user that something is going on. But as there may be other
people who don´t like to have that many wheels all over the
desktop, you should be able to choose from

    a) a rotating gear (which is the best metaphor IMO) -
       ´beginners version´
    b) a blinking warning-light (.. the first time I saw this in CDE
       I thought something was going wrong -- I interpreted it as a
       warning-light) -- ´advanced version´
    c) disable this stuff -- no feedback at all
  ( d) an animated GIF of choice to make it themable)

2.) So it would be consistent to add a) and c) to the kpanel to indicate
    that an app is launched.

Last time I made this proposal, my mailbox was full of mails telling me
how great this would be. -- Please stay away from writing me again this
time :-)))

Torsten