List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-12-29 21:41:30

On Monday 29 December 2014 00:01:03 Gregor Mi wrote:
> 1) start ksnapshot
> 2) Send to gwenview (or kolourpaint or Gnome Image Viewer)
> 3) Application (e.g. gwenview) is starting -- so this works now
> 4) But: the file which is given as parameter is not found by the started
> application (not sure if this is a ksnapshot issue or kioexec)

I had a look, and it's a ksnapshot bug.
It deletes the QTemporaryFile just after saving to it.

Lukas, this is due to your removal of tmpFile.setAutoRemove(false) in
3bc66a71b02704f9e70ffb8239c886a1b61154c9

It makes KSnapshot::urlToOpen delete the file right away, i.e. it returns a
path to a file that doesn't exist anymore. No wonder kio can't find it.

> Update 23:57pm: did you just revert the change? Now, it's again not working.

You mean until step 3, launching the app? No I didn't revert anything.
Must be a testing / setup error.

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5