List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       Gregor Mi <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-28 23:01:03

On 28/12/14 22:30, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2014 18:56:26 Gregor Mi wrote:
>>> Hmm, yeah, but if KRun displays error messages on its own, the app has
>>> nothing else to do.
>>
>> (No error messages were displayed to the user. At least I saw none. ...But
>> the error handling is a separate topic I think; or is solved by your fix.)
>
> I added error handling now, kioexec brings up a messagebox if given an invalid
> URL or non-existing URL as argument.
>
>>> It's a command-line parsing problem.
>>> I'll add unittests for KRun::run(service, urls) with and without
>>> tempFiles,
>>> and then I'll fix it :-)
>>
>> Great. :-)
>
> Fixed, my unittest works.
>
> Turns out it wasn't a command-line parsing problem, at least not the way I
> thought. These arguments were meant for gwenview, not for kioexec.
>
> Can you try again after updating kio?

Yes.

1) start ksnapshot
2) Send to gwenview (or kolourpaint or Gnome Image Viewer)
3) Application (e.g. gwenview) is starting -- so this works now
4) But: the file which is given as parameter is not found by the started application
   (not sure if this is a ksnapshot issue or kioexec)

Update 23:57pm: did you just revert the change? Now, it's again not working.

Gregor