List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       Gregor Mi <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-29 22:45:06

On 29/12/14 22:41, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 29 December 2014 00:01:03 Gregor Mi wrote:
>> 1) start ksnapshot
>> 2) Send to gwenview (or kolourpaint or Gnome Image Viewer)
>> 3) Application (e.g. gwenview) is starting -- so this works now
>> 4) But: the file which is given as parameter is not found by the started
>> application (not sure if this is a ksnapshot issue or kioexec)
>
> I had a look, and it's a ksnapshot bug.
> It deletes the QTemporaryFile just after saving to it.
>
> Lukas, this is due to your removal of tmpFile.setAutoRemove(false) in
> 3bc66a71b02704f9e70ffb8239c886a1b61154c9
>
> It makes KSnapshot::urlToOpen delete the file right away, i.e. it returns a
> path to a file that doesn't exist anymore. No wonder kio can't find it.
>
>> Update 23:57pm: did you just revert the change? Now, it's again not working.
>
> You mean until step 3, launching the app? No I didn't revert anything.
> Must be a testing / setup error.

I rephrase the steps to make it clearer:

step 1)
$ . setup-kf5-env
$ eval `dbus-launch`
$ ksnapshot

step 2)
Click the ksnapshot button "Send To...".
Wait a moment.
[NEW: crash 1, see below]
the Send To menu appears
[NEW: three more crashes, see below]
Choose gwenview (or kolourpaint or Gnome Image Viewer) from the menu

step 3)
The "sent to" application (e.g. gwenview) is started (currently with no file due to the
bug you found).

After the dbus is fixed, the four crashes mentioned above are all kded5 which is crashing
4 times, see screenshot http://wstaw.org/m/2014/12/29/plasma-desktopGi1965.png. I don't
know if this is due to the ksnapshot bug so I propose to wait until the ksnapshot bug is
fixed and then I try again.

Best regards

Gregor