List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE apps on Apple OS X
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-04-12 14:31:23

Hi Ben,

On 15 Mar 2014, at 12:07 , Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> wrote:
> We'll await the results of the Macports collaboration thread before
> continuing further.

in the meantime we have proceeded somewhat regarding our efforts to collect=
 some information about current problems of KDE software on MacPorts.
For that purpose we have eventually created a dedicated wiki page during th=
e last few days [1].
It also contains a section entitled "Continuous Integration of KDE software=
=94.

I guess it is not possible to simply install Jenkins and start building on =
OSX. :-)
Well, a while ago I installed Jenkins on my old iMac and found that it actu=
ally worked out of the box for makeicns [2], but I have never tried to do a=
nything else with it, since about at the same time the MacPorts buildbots a=
ppeared on the scene [3].

Which prerequisites do you need for your CI system on Linux? Where can I re=
ad about that?
I guess without more information it doesn=92t make sense to approach the Ma=
cPorts developer team regarding their buildbots=92 setup...

Have a nice weekend!

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems