List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: What to test for 4.13?
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-11 6:57:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 11 March 2014 14:05:02 Ian Wadham wrote:
> To Ben Cooksley: I have the deepest respect for Sysadmin and
> what you do, but I do not think Continuous Integration is an issue
> in this case.  Bugs that occur in KDE apps in an Apple environment
> also tend to occur in a Linux environment and vice versa, otherwise
> I could not fix bugs on Apple OS X that are reported in other O/S's.
>
> Bugs that occur in KDE apps and KDE libraries and are specific to an
> Apple environment are rather rare and can be handled in the usual
> ways via bugzilla.

erm that's not entirely the case. I know of one framework which recently got
any support for MacOS X removed, because we have no developers for it and I
changed the X11 implementation. If there is a simple thing as a compile error
nobody would ever notice it without CI system.

I also know of various applications in kde-workspace which were enabled for
compilation on MacOS which seems strange to me if they use X11
unconditionally.

Cheers
Martin