List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE apps on Apple OS X
From:       scl <scl.gplus () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-11 4:59:28

+1 for this initiative.
I tried MacPorts in 2011 to run Dolphin and Digikam of
KDE 4.6 under OS X Snow Leopard.
I remember it worked almost (after hours of compiling
and configuring). The most annoying issues I ran into were the
very slow start of Dolphin because of some D-Bus trouble and
Digikam crashed. Finally I gave up on this but with a little
regret. Half a year ago somebody wrote that the issues might
have been fixed in KDE 4.10.5, but I haven't tried again.

Greetings,

Sven