List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC 2014 - My idea WME
From:       Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?= <mgraesslin () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-11 8:16:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Domen,

have you checked the wallpaper capabilities from Plasma? From a quick check of
your ideas for implementation it looks like Plasma provides all of that except
being cross platform and not having a systray icon. Now I don't think that it
makes sense to have a wallpaper support being cross platform - it's not even
cross desktop and way too specific to the internals of a desktop shell.

So from a KDE perspective only adding wallpaper support to Plasma matters. And
as we have all those important features (and much more) I doubt that your
project is a valuable addition for KDE.

Feel free to check out the wallpaper capabilities of Plasma Next and maybe you
have some ideas there to improve it or help to get them ready for our first
release. Helping hands are always welcome and having someone passionate about
wallpapers working on it would certainly be a good thing. The online resource
capabilities could be a nice addition.

Best Regards
Martin