List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kubuntu asking for input
From:       Shantanu Tushar Jha <jhahoneyk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-04 12:36:10

> Hellos!
>
> As you might have heared, Kubuntu is fighting to improve itself and
> the user's KDE experience [1]. To make that happen we need your input.
> Since KDE is one of the primary reasons Kubuntu is existing at all, it
> is all the more important that we provide a flawless KDE experience
> (something that did not always work out in the past).
>
> Anything you want to see Kubuntu do or be, what you like or don't
> like, please let us know. The more input we get, the easier it gets to
> draw a picture of the future of KDE in Kubuntu.
>
> Currently we are most interested in your point of view on changes
> Kubuntu does to KDE (be it changing the default settings or patching).
> Within the next couple of weeks we will draft up a public patch
> policy, so whatever you mention now will have influence on the future
> of patching in Kubuntu.
> Of course it would be best if there was no need to patch, but
> sometimes it is necessary, be it to get important bug fixes in before
> release or to make the software behave better in the distro
> environment. So please refrain from suggesting a no-patch policy ;)
>
> [1] http://www.kubuntu.org/news/timelord
>
> Thank you!
>
> regards,
> Harald

1. KPackageKit doesn't display the community "Popularity" which was
there in Add/Remove Programs in Ubuntu. Please add that.
2. Include KDE Partition Manager and File Sharing KCM Module (the one
which appears in the advanced tab of system settings) by default (or
anything that lets me share files using samba - something which
doesn't work out of the box right now)

Regards
--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)