List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB instead of KiB and
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-07-12 14:17:46

Am Sunday 12 July 2009 schrieb Michael Howell:
> Please tell me. What are we arguing about, if we all agree with that patch?
don't ask me.
but your very last statement was that KiB should be the default, and 2^n KB as
well as 10^3 kB should be supported (KB is /not/ IEC) and M. Pyne pretty much
suggested that either (though he as me share issues on /silently/ making even
10^3 kB (-> MB, GB) any kind of default (though his main point appeared to be
to support JEDEC KB,MB,GB at all)
+ i try to not argue about this at all =)

> Okay. So you're proposing that the patch be modified to provide the
> following.
> 1) IEC KiB (default)
> 2) IEC kB
> 3) Traditional KB
i'd switch 2 & 3 and make a very fat exclamation mark + some explanation why
this will differ from size hints on other systems after 2 (i.e. IEC kB - now
3) ;-P
(+ just imho, 2 - now 3 - could perfectly be dropped...)

Thomas