List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kde4 speed tips - got any?
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2009-07-12 14:49:34

Am Sunday 12 July 2009 schrieb Andrew Mason:
> have KDE4 instance as responsive as KDE3 still is. Resizing panels in
> amarok and kmail are pretty  obvious examples of this.
at least for this:
try not using the oxygen style (or apparently anything that inherits Qt's
windows style, but esp. oxygen is dog slow on treeviews)
test phase, cde, motif, or [not self promoting here] - all do notably faster.

> I also find both Krunner, konqueror and kmail having a little pause in
> the middle of text entry. This occurs for me on all of my systems,
> less so on the 4.3beta but its still present. I think this may suggest
> that some of these applications maybe waiting on disk access in areas
> where they could possibly do this asynchronously. While the operation
> wouldn't be faster it would 'feel' faster.
i think that's rather the autocompleter - but nothing i could reproduce here
(other than krunner has always been a little slower...)

Thomas