List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: My top 3 KDE4 requests
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-17 23:54:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 17 July 2008, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 03:01:38PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > a kubuntu packaging mistake though
> >
> > it is. i know they are trying hard right now, but the kubuntu packages
> > are really not great yet.
>
> ?  What's the mistake?  folderview is in kdeplasma-addons, install
> that and you'll get it.  It's even explicitly mentioned on our RC 1
> webpage.

s,kdeplasma-addons,kdebase-apps, =)

is it installed by default if you pick the "kde4 kubuntu desktop" meta
package? if not, it should be since plasma uses it in the default layout and
is _the_ method to get file management on your desktop.

the number of people who report that they are missing this package on kubuntu
tells me that it's not in an obvious enough package .... i dn't use the
kubuntu kde4 packages, though, so i don't know if it is already as obvious as
humanly possible and users are just screwing up or not.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se