List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build error linking -lgeneral
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () purinchu ! net>
Date:       2008-01-27 5:12:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 25 January 2008, kleag@free.fr wrote:
> From when can come these "-lgeneral" ?

I was wondering the same thing myself.  I would occasionally get this error.

It looks to me like they're from mis-parsing of the CMakeCache.txt file in the
build directory.  If you search for lines with _LIB_DEPENDS you will see a lot
of general; entries preceding link flags.  I think that is CMake-specific
stuff which is supposed to be stripped out by CMake during the build process.

You may want to try using --refresh-build when building the affected module to
delete the cache and other stray object files; maybe that will fix it.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne