List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build error linking -lgeneral
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-01-27 8:36:21

On 27.01.08 00:12:52, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Friday 25 January 2008, kleag@free.fr wrote:
> > From when can come these "-lgeneral" ?
>
> I was wondering the same thing myself.  I would occasionally get this error.

I can explain what happens, but not yet why :) This happens if you build
kdelibs with a recent build of cmake cvs, for some reason the CMake
function export_library_dependencies puts "general" into the
KDELibsDependencies.cmake file which is generated during the kdelibs
build and is used to fill the KDE4_XXX_LIBS variables.

There's also another bug in CMake CVS which prevents it from adding the
needed -L switches to the linker calls, so currently CMake CVS is broken
and can't build kde4. I've already notified the cmake list, but I
suspect the cmake devs will only read it tomorrow.

Andreas

--
Better hope the life-inspector doesn't come around while you have your
life in such a mess.