List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kdelibs/kstyle/oxygen
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-22 13:47:48

Am Freitag, 22. Juni 2007 00:04 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Is there a way for a X11-dumb person to find out wether his currently
> running system has support for that? I'm using radeon driver on an ATI
> R250 in Xinerama Mode (the MergedFB thing doesn't work for me). I know
> this has at least an effect on XRandR, but the Xorg log doesn't say
> anything negative about XRender or XComposite (the extensions are
> initialized thought)
Zack rusin wrote a bechmark in the past, guess that could be helpfull.
Dunno where it was, so i attached it.
The problem with some Render implementations seem to be that
1. they do not work
2. they don't report (usually you'd get a "bad request", but they just paint
black - this is only what i heard(!) i have no ati GPU and when i say "some"
it seems to mean "the ati css driver" :(

> Not from me, but I'll certainly let you know wether oxygen style works
> here. Do you guys have a rough estimate when these issues should be
> (mostly) fixed? Is "after akademy" a goot time to test this again?
test next week ;)

> I hope the oxygen style can be configured just like other kde styles.
> Unfortunately that config-widget that exists in the style doesn't work
> here.
the current version includes some changes the guys did in milano, but no one
updated the config widget...
next iteration should have a freshed up look and a config widget with impact
on the style... ;-)

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.

["xrenderbenchmark.tar.bz2" (application/x-tbz)]