List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kdelibs/kstyle/oxygen
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-21 22:04:08

On 21.06.07 23:39:05, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Nuno ruled out most gradients, so the stuff became far less important and all
> gradients will be created in software (nVidia is notably faster but eg.
> cannot do multistop radial gradients as well)
>
> Blending should work on most implemetations, so that you'll either have
> sufficient speed here or not (in case you wanna use another transition or no
> transition at all)
>
> Only thing remaining is the masking - Qt uses back and forth Pixmap -> Image
> conversion here, so though the speed is still ok for small items (if you
> don't set scale to 10 or so ;) i'd like to avoid it.
> (Requires working XRenderComposite(dpy, PictOpSrc, src, mask, dst))

Is there a way for a X11-dumb person to find out wether his currently
running system has support for that? I'm using radeon driver on an ATI
R250 in Xinerama Mode (the MergedFB thing doesn't work for me). I know
this has at least an effect on XRandR, but the Xorg log doesn't say
anything negative about XRender or XComposite (the extensions are
initialized thought)

> If there're know issues i'll try to write a compile check (but if the Render
> implemetation does not even mentions an error and just paints crap, this will
> be hard to do)
> Any infos about broken drivers for this case?

Not from me, but I'll certainly let you know wether oxygen style works
here. Do you guys have a rough estimate when these issues should be
(mostly) fixed? Is "after akademy" a goot time to test this again?

> (Another option would be to make a config option instead an #ifdef - should
> not be the performance killer ;) )

I hope the oxygen style can be configured just like other kde styles.
Unfortunately that config-widget that exists in the style doesn't work
here.

Andreas

PS: I do like the Oxygen style, from what I could see so far.

--
That secret you've been guarding, isn't.