List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kdelibs/kstyle/oxygen
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-22 16:08:14

On 22.06.07 15:47:48, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> Am Freitag, 22. Juni 2007 00:04 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Is there a way for a X11-dumb person to find out wether his currently
> > running system has support for that? I'm using radeon driver on an ATI
> > R250 in Xinerama Mode (the MergedFB thing doesn't work for me). I know
> > this has at least an effect on XRandR, but the Xorg log doesn't say
> > anything negative about XRender or XComposite (the extensions are
> > initialized thought)
> Zack rusin wrote a bechmark in the past, guess that could be helpfull.
> Dunno where it was, so i attached it.
> The problem with some Render implementations seem to be that
> 1. they do not work
> 2. they don't report (usually you'd get a "bad request", but they just paint
> black - this is only what i heard(!) i have no ati GPU and when i say "some"
> it seems to mean "the ati css driver" :(

I wont ever use the css driver, that one crashes more often that
KDE4/win32 ;)

Anyway that benchmark test shows quite some occurences of black rounded
rectangles (alpha still works on that). And sometimes its very thin
vertical lines. The testing happens a bit too fast to note down which
things don't work. So I'll just keep on testing oxygen style and see how
that goes.

Would be too bad if I'd have to disable XRender support in oxygen style.

> > Not from me, but I'll certainly let you know wether oxygen style works
> > here. Do you guys have a rough estimate when these issues should be
> > (mostly) fixed? Is "after akademy" a goot time to test this again?
> test next week ;)

Will do so, thx.

Andreas

--
Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.