List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Issues with kdialog in trunk
From:       Chris Gow <sniffy () rogers ! com>
Date:       2007-01-20 18:13:22

Hello:

I'm not sure if this is known yet, but it looks like kdialog in trunk does not
appear to work quite correctly. I've noticed two (possibly somewhat related)
problems with it.

1. Calling setMainWidget() doesn't actually display the widget you pass to it.
You can see this if you run KAudioCreator. If you insert a CD and doubleclick
on the track listing a dialog is popped up with no information. The code to
display the dialog is in kdemultimedia/kaudiocreator/tracksimp.cpp
editInformation() (around line 300).

2. If I change editInformation to not create a KDialog but use the
CDInfoDialog class (it is itself a KDialog). Then the dialog does display all
of the fields, but the OK/Cancel buttons are in the middle of the dialog and
the separator is near the top.

I know that trunk is currently undergoing a lot of work, and it should be
expected that things will not work correctly (if at all). I just thought I
would bring this up in case it is not currently known.

thanks

-- chris