List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Autotools files
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-01-20 12:47:57

On 20.01.07 12:24:04, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 1/20/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 20.01.07 11:59:32, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> > > Up until now I've been using automake manager from kdevelop, but I
> > > would like to know how to do it, without automake manager. For non-kde
> > > project I usually create some simple initial files and Makefile.ams
> > > for the project and then run autoscan. This generates a configure.ac.
> > > Well, what I would like to know is which rules I should add to these
> > > files to work out cpp objects with moc, kcfg and ui files. Are there
> > > any configure.ac macros? Or some templatized Makefile.am rules?
> >
> > Use the kapptemplate application template from kdesdk to get a basic KDE
> > project. Its not really easy to port this to a simple configure.ac + m4
> > macros, its much simpler to work from the template.
> >

> Ah, thanks andreas, then I guess this is what kdevelop calls to start
> up a new project?

Not exactly, but quite similar. The kapptemplate should be pretty much
the same as the KDE Application Framework, I think (I didn't check).

> By the way, you have a life or all you do is answer peoples questions
> on KDE? ;-) heh

I do have a life :) And its occupying me much more than I'd like, but
answering some simple questions, especially on weekends doesn't take so
much time :)

Andreas

--
You will be divorced within a year.