List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP for konqueror
From:       Louai Al-Khanji <louai.khanji () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 0:26:28

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 02:26, Stefan Monov wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 01:51, Jeff Eklund wrote:
> > How would I split the konqueror windows using DCOP?
>
> It's not possible.
>
> > Is there any way to get the DCOP-list as in kdcop but in the terminal?
>
> Yup, the executable is called dcop.
>
> > What package is kdcop a part of and where can I download it?
>
> kdcop is part of kdebase. The vanilla sources of kdebase are:
> http://download.kde.org/stable/3.5.5/src/kdebase-3.5.5.tar.bz2
> You can compile and use these, hoping they won't conflict with the rest of
> Kubuntu. Or you can checkout /branches/KDE/3.5/kdebase/, delete all of its
> subdirs except kdcop/, run
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> and then compile and use kdcop along with Kubuntu's KDE.
> That's how I think it's done anyway. :)
> FYI, here's how to checkout:
> http://developer.kde.org/source/anonsvn.html
>
> Also, Kubuntu might have a some sort of a kde-devel-addons (first name I
> could think of :P) package with apps like kdcop. I don't know, ask the
> Kubuntu folks.
>
> Cheers.

> >> unsubscribe <<

kdcop seems to be part of kdebase-bin in kubuntu:

louai@gondolin:~$ dpkg -L kdebase-bin | grep kdcop
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kdcop
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kdcop/index.cache.bz2
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kdcop/index.docbook
/usr/share/man/man1/kdcop.1.gz
/usr/share/apps/kdcop
/usr/share/apps/kdcop/kdcopui.rc
/usr/bin/kdcop
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/kdcop/common

This is with edgy, I would assume the KDE 3.5.5 updates for the previous
versions would include kdcop as well.

- Louai