List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP for konqueror
From:       Stefan Monov <logixoul () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 0:26:40

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 01:51, Jeff Eklund wrote:
> How would I split the konqueror windows using DCOP?
It's not possible.

> Is there any way to get the DCOP-list as in kdcop but in the terminal?
Yup, the executable is called dcop.

> What package is kdcop a part of and where can I download it?
kdcop is part of kdebase. The vanilla sources of kdebase are:
http://download.kde.org/stable/3.5.5/src/kdebase-3.5.5.tar.bz2
You can compile and use these, hoping they won't conflict with the rest of
Kubuntu. Or you can checkout /branches/KDE/3.5/kdebase/, delete all of its
subdirs except kdcop/, run
make -f Makefile.cvs
and then compile and use kdcop along with Kubuntu's KDE.
That's how I think it's done anyway. :)
FYI, here's how to checkout:
http://developer.kde.org/source/anonsvn.html

Also, Kubuntu might have a some sort of a kde-devel-addons (first name I could
think of :P) package with apps like kdcop. I don't know, ask the Kubuntu
folks.

Cheers.