List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions about running KDE
From:       Franklin <franklin () goodhorse ! idv ! tw>
Date:       2006-11-29 0:23:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

David Faure's messages:
> On Wed Nov 29 2006, Franklin wrote:
> > In kio/kio/kservicefactory.cpp
> > KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopName(), find_string returns 0.  Does
> > this mean that there is no data in ksycoca cache?  I tried to run
> > kbuildsycoca again but the same result.
>
> You can query ksycoca using ktradertest, like

Thanks for your reply.

Here is my result:

$ ktradertest Application '' "DesktopEntryName=='kcontrol'"
query is : Application
genericServiceType is :
constraint is : DesktopEntryName=='kcontrol'
preference is :
kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /tmp/kdecache-franklin/ksycoca
kio (KTrader): query for Application : returning 0 offers
got 0 offers.

It seems to get wrong while building sycoca.
And, I defined both my KDETMP and KDEVARTMP in /tmp.
Is it ok to do so?

Thanks!

Regards,
Franklin