List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Additional "Focus" for Multi-Headed Machines
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-11 20:12:55

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 10:19 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 15:40, Randy Kramer wrote:
>  That's window manager (kwin) functionality. Before filling the wish at
> bugs.kde.org you could first check if
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=40586 doesn't do what you
> want.

It sounds like the "shortcut for activating specific/other Xinerama screen (no
default, configure in the shortcuts kcontrol module" is what I'm looking for
(with a little bit of reading between the lines).  Even if it's not, it
sounds like you are thinking along the same lines.

Sorry, I probably won't test it until/unless Mandriva packages the change with
their next release (e.g., Mandriva 2007).

Thanks!

Randy Kramer

PS: If I can vote, I'd sure like to vote to have that patch included in kde
4.0.  (The other changes sound good as well!)

> > BTW, this functionality is in lieu of what I'd really like to have, a
> > "focus follows intention" function, so that if I start typing something
> > intended to go into nedit, it goes to nedit, but if I start typing
> > something intended to go to konqueror, it goes there.  ;-)
>
>  This is usually called "focus follows mind", actually :).

How soon can I have that?  ;-)