List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO Digest Authentication
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 12:06:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 15 June 2006 05:47 am, Narayan Newton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on an application that requires xml-rpc support. I found a
> small xml-rpc client library in KDE svn and am quite happy with it,
> however, I am going to need to add Digest AUTH to it. I can do this, but
> want to make sure I am not missing anything. This library uses
> KIO::http_put and I see that KIO::HTTPProtocol does appear to support
> Digest Authentication. However, these twains don't appear to meet. I don't
> claim to really understand how these fit together though, so I wanted to
> ask "the people" if anyone knows if there is a "built-in" way to do Digest
> AUTH through KIO::http_put? Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I am working on a SecureLayer implementation for QCA that does general HTTP
authentication (I'm planning to do at least Basic, Digest auth, Digest
auth-int and something for NTLM/Kerberos, but probably not initially). The
interface I've been thinking is something that sits between the application
and QHttp. I'm not sure how this fits with the design plans for KIO  in KDE4
though. Any suggestions?

Brad